Conservation Optimism Pakistan is the first organisation in the country that is aimed to fully engage young people to make them custodians of their biodiversity. We believe that every person on our planet is connected with each other and by doing small things at the individual level we can create a bigger impact because whenever a change happen it starts from the individual level and together we can make this possible. Conservation Optimism is a programme of the University of Oxford, which aims to empower everyone to act for nature. It currently has three regional hubs in India, Pakistan, and in the UK.
We are currently restructuring our team and so have new volunteering opportunities available.
The current volunteering openings are:
Hub Social Media Head
Are you interested in helping us reach new audiences and spread our ethos to the virtual world? Do you have a good understanding of social media and know how to engage people on various platforms? We are looking for a Social Media Head and help us foster a Conservation Optimism community there.
Time commitment: 4-6 hours per week
Main responsibilities include:
- Managing all the social media channels for the Pakistan Hub.
- Arrange social media take overs by different ambassadors of the Hub.
- Promote upcoming events on all the channels.
- Connecting with followers
- Designing interactive stories
- Searching for #optimistic posts and sharing them on our social media
- Monitoring Insights (comments, likes, saves, follows, unfollows)
- Strong attention to details
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in social media community building
- Experience in producing posts and stories for social media
Ambassadors are not part of our main team but they are an integral pillar of the Hub.
We feel that anybody from any background can contribute to save the nature and spread optimistic views about the conservation of environment around us. If your background is not specifically in conservation you can still join our hub as an ambassador.
Time Commitment: 2-4 hours per week
- Ambassador’s points will be considered by the main team while taking any decisions.
- Ambassadors can spread optimistic views regarding conservation among their surroundings in local schools and colleges.
- They assist main team members in their work when needed.
- They will be provided free access to our resources for spreading optimistic views.
- If they are artists, sculptures, painters, school students they can get support for arranging activities regarding nature in their respective fields.
Conservation Optimism has a vibrant team of over 30 volunteers from around the globe. By joining our team you will get the opportunity to:
- Be added to our Slack channel and interact with all our team members
- Attend our virtual monthly team meeting
- Attend all our ConservationNOW webinars
- Access training opportunities around podcasting, outreach, and science communication
- Interact with our India Hub Team
- Work with different teams on a range of projects
How to apply?
Kindly directly email us your CV at email@example.com and mention the role you are applying for in the subject section.
Also tell us in a small paragraph about
- Why do you want to join Conservation Optimism for that specific position?
- How joining our organisation will help you in your career plans?
- What makes you feel optimistic about current conservation situation in Pakistan?
- How much time will you be able to give to the respective role?
Early career students under the age of 27 from GB, Kashmir and Baluchistan especially women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that Conservation Optimism Pakistan follows a double-blind review procedure for volunteering applications. We are looking forward to hearing from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or WhatsApp +923121491118