The Wildlife Friendly Enterprise Network (WFEN) conserves threatened wildlife while contributing to the economic vitality of rural communities. Our mission is to protect wildlife in wild places, and on agricultural lands in-between, by certifying enterprises that assure people and nature coexist and thrive. We use the power of the marketplace to spread best practices by providing incentives for the protection of biodiversity around the world. We offer opportunities for people in often rural and disadvantaged communities and enable conservation of intact landscapes critical to the provision of ecosystem services. Our work in partnership with farmers, herders and ranchers helps to ensure wildlife corridors through working lands which enable resilience for wildlife in the face of climate change. By creating incentives for the protection of global biodiversity we work to institute best practices on the landscape. Through effective and compelling and storytelling about triple bottom line win’s for people and wildlife we work towards changing attitudes and behavior. We empower consumers, companies, and local communities to be catalysts to change the world. WFEN includes conservationists, businesses, artisans, farmers, ranchers and herders, harvesters and indigenous peoples from around the world.
- Durrell Conservation Academy: a hub for worldwide conservation optimism
- “Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!” Where to find optimism for the Aral Sea?
- Restoring Optimism
- Returning Wildlife Transform “Wasteland” into Wealth-generator
- When a ripple becomes a flood – why we didn’t sign Ripple et al.’s “World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice”
- Lost & Found: Once upon a time…
- 10 Things I’ve Learnt About Conservation Optimism
- Respectful communication and personal responsibility
- Optimism and nature conservation!?
- Return Of The Beaver: A Message That UK Wildlife Might Not Be Dammed
About Conservation Optimism
Conservation Optimism is a global community dedicated to sharing optimistic stories about conservation to inspire, educate, entertain and empower people around the world to make a positive impact for wildlife and the environment!