Oceans Unmanned, Inc., a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization, facilitates the use of unmanned technologies and promotes their safe and environmentally conscious operation to protect the ocean and coastal marine environment. By engaging the optimism and creativity of technology companies and the Silicon Valley culture, Oceans Unmanned (OU) believes we can truly address long-standing challenges to preserve our marine and coastal environments for future generations. The utilization of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USV), and Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUV), has the potential to fundamentally transform the way our oceans are studied and managed by providing cheaper, safer, and more efficient solutions for resource managers. In addition, the power of technology to engage and inspire a whole new generation of the “tech savvy” to understand the importance of our connection to the ocean, unite through shared marine conservation values, and champion and celebrate actions that promote a healthy marine environment. Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) students at all levels, can connect their passion for technology with the challenges of ocean protection. Partnering with ConservationNOW and its goal of inspiring and empowering people around the world to make a positive difference for nature can multiply and leverage the optimistic message OU believes in and champions through our social media and education and outreach efforts.
- Towards a Billion Conservation Optimists?
- What will define the 21st Century? The need for A Focus on Nature.
- Louis Masai to paint EDGE murals at London Zoo in celebration of #conservationoptimism
- Durrell Conservation Academy: a hub for worldwide conservation optimism
- “Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!” Where to find optimism for the Aral Sea?
- Restoring Optimism
- Returning Wildlife Transform “Wasteland” into Wealth-generator
- When a ripple becomes a flood – why we didn’t sign Ripple et al.’s “World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice”
- Greenhood Nepal: Echo of Young Voices in Conservation
- Lost & Found: Once upon a time…
About Conservation Optimism
Conservation Optimism is a global community dedicated to countering the “doom and gloom” conservation narrative with action-oriented and science-based hope and inspiration. Our mission is to empower people around the world to make a positive impact for wildlife and the environment.