#NatureForAll is a global movement to inspire love of nature that is led by an inclusive and growing coalition of partners who represent a variety of sectors. It is coordinated by the IUCN Commission on Education and Communication (CEC) and World Commission on Protected Areas (WCPA). Recognising that the more people experience and connect with nature the more they appreciate, love, and care for it, #NatureForAll aims to increase support and action for nature conservation globally by:
- Raising awareness of nature and its values,
- Facilitating opportunities for people from all walks of life to experience and connect with nature; and
- Creating a culture of conservation.
Like Conservation Optimism, #NatureForAll embraces a positive, solutions-focused, optimistic approach to conservation that builds upon, among other things, the IUCN CEC’s Love Not Loss campaign. #NatureForAll is an opportunity for partners to:
- Showcase how we and our own organisations are caring for nature and connecting, inspiring, and empowering others (e.g., through success stories, a blogs series and other tools and resources),
- Learn about the good work being done by other organisations; and,
- Have a greater reach and impact than any one of us can have alone.
We have joined ConservationNOW because we see tremendous synergies between these two movements and a great opportunity to take them both to greater scale and impact through increased collaboration. We look forward to working together to further increase the love, support, and action for conservation across sectors and among people from all walks of life globally.
Spending time in nature has proven positive effects on our health and well-being. What better place to connect with nature than our parks and protected areas? 🌿🏔️🌊🌲
Take this survey to tell us why YOU love parks!
https://t.co/1nrMg75H4j #NatureForAll #WCPA60 https://t.co/Vm7Fob12Iu
World Indigenous Day
We wish u all a very Happy World Indigenous Day. Indigenous people are custodians of biodiversity, culture and traditional knowledge. We salute them for their contribution. @UNmountains @IndigenousKM @natureforall https://t.co/RfwgJPVkZm